Spread the Costs
Save as much as you can each month and get your funds on November 1 in time for the holidays.
Get twice the joy when your savings earn 0.10% APY 1 then pay for your Christmas shopping.
Open an account with just $5 and pay no monthly fee with no minimum balance to make life simple.
Join Baton Rouge Telco and enjoy our products and services with better rates and fewer fees.
Christmas Club Savings Account Details
Enjoy the holidays without financial stress when you save all year to pay for those special moments.
- Get started with just $5 and make deposits as often as you like.
- Earn a competitive 0.10% APY1 on your balance.
- Funds will automatically transfer into your Regular Share Account on November 1. 2
- An early withdrawal penalty of $5 helps keep your savings intact.
- Parents can open an account for kids to teach them about saving up for things they want. 3
- Easily access your account through Online and Mobile Banking.
- No monthly fee
- No minimum balance fee
- All Telco members are eligible
Fill out our quick online application.
You’re now a member of our Christmas Club!
Save All Year!
Save each month until 11/1 when you get the funds.
Christopher A., Hammond, LA
I‘ve had account with BRTFC for about 16 years. They are always nice and willing to help with anything. Always 5 stars.
See How Much You Can Save By Christmas
The holiday season is expensive, with expenses like gifts, food, decor, and travel. Instead of needing to pay for everything in the two-month busy period, our Christmas Club lets you spread the costs throughout the year.
- You can save as little or as much as you want every day, week, or month that suits you throughout the year!
- Using Online and Mobile Banking, you can easily set up automatic or one-time transfers from your checking account.
- Members of Baton Rouge Telco may set up separate Christmas Club Savings accounts for your children to learn about the power of saving for a specific Christmas gift or holiday season experience.
The funds will be automatically transferred to your regular Share account on November 1st so you have time to do your shopping, buy a Thanksgiving turkey, or anything else you need.
There’s an early withdrawal penalty of $5 to help ensure you keep your hands off until Christmas!
You can see our competitive rates table here. You’ll earn the maximum annual percentage yield (APY) as long as you maintain the minimum balance of $5.
There’s no monthly maintenance fee and no minimum balance fee on our Christmas Club Savings Account. This means there’s no charge if your balance falls below $5, though you won’t earn any interest.
As mentioned, you will need to pay $5 each time you make a withdrawal before November 1. So the best thing to do is wait and let your money grow!
To encourage you to reach your goals, there’s a $5 penalty for each withdrawal you make before November 1st.
Baton Rouge Telco is a not-for-profit organization and this means we pass our revenue back to members, instead of outside shareholders.
You get revenue in the form of higher rates on savings, lower rates on loans, and fewer fees. Plus, you get friendly local service instead of dealing with a nationwide financial institution.
National Credit Union Shares Insurance Fund (NCUSIF)
Your money is safe and secure at Baton Rouge Telco Federal Credit Union with savings federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government through the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).
To see how your funds are insured, you can visit the NCUA Share Insurance Calculator.
1APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Dividend rates are subject to change without notice. Dividends are posted monthly based on the daily balance and compounded monthly. Rates are not guaranteed. Penalties for early withdrawals may apply. Fees may reduce earnings on the account.
2$5 fee for early withdrawal.
3Must have a parent or legal guardian who is a Baton Rouge Telco member on the account.