2020 Scholarship Program
Baton Rouge Telco is proud to launch our 2020 Scholarship Program. So if you’re a local high school (soon to be) graduate and you’ve got what it takes, apply for a chance to win a $2,500 scholarship or two $1,250 scholarships. Cash to cover books, meals, or those darn parking tickets!
Current high school students in one of Baton Rouge Telco’s 10-parish service area are invited to apply with a video submission answering the question “How will your education make your community better?” The first-place winner will be awarded a $2,500 scholarship and two runners up will receive a $1,250 scholarship each. The winners will be selected by the Baton Rouge Telco Scholarship Committee.
Before you Start:
Please review the following requirements and information for what you will need to complete the application. Please have everything ready before you begin.
- Official High School Transcript (PDF)
- Official ACT Score Report (PDF)
- Information on Scholastic Awards and Achievements
- Information on Extracurricular Activities
- Information on Community Service
- Instagram Video Entry
- Allow 30-minutes to complete the application (you cannot save progress and return to the application once you begin)
Video Entry Rules
Post a short video to our Instagram that answers the question “How will your education make your community better?”
- Video should be no more than 30 seconds
- Include your name and high school in your video
- Follow us on insta @BatonRougeTelcoFCU and mention our account in your video post
- Use the hashtag #brtelcoscholarship in your post to help spread the word
- Be as creative as possible!
To be eligible for a Baton Rouge Telco scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current Baton Rouge Telco member in good standing at the time of application
- High school graduating senior in spring 2020
- Be scheduled to attend an accredited university, community college, or trade school for the fall semester 2020
- GPA of 2.5 or above
Applications must be submitted through our online application process no later than 5:00 pm on Friday, March 20, 2020.
You will need an active Instagram account where you will create and submit a 30-second video entry answering the question “How will your education make your community better?” Complete instructions are included in the application. Additionally, you will need a PDF of your official high school transcript and your official ACT score report. You will also need a computer with internet access to be able to submit the online application.
Scholarship winners will be notified by Friday, April 24, 2020, and results will be made public shortly thereafter.
When you’re ready, click Apply Now to complete the online application. You will be required to submit information regarding your scholastic achievements, extra-curricular activities, and community service, as well as your 30-second video submission, which should be posted in accordance with application guidelines to Instagram. Please allow enough time to complete the application once you’ve begun. We strongly encourage you to save your answers on a separate word document in case there is an error while moving through the online application.
Scholarship applicant must be a primary Baton Rouge Telco member in good standing at the time of application and graduating from high school in spring 2020 with plans to attend an accredited university, community college, or trade school. Scholarships will be awarded in a single monetary transaction to Baton Rouge Telco share account. Immediate family members of Baton Rouge Telco employees are not eligible to win. Immediate family members are defined as children, grandchildren, and siblings. Scholarship winner(s) will be asked to have their picture and/or video taken with a Baton Rouge Telco representative for publicity purposes.