Certified Financial Counseling
Helping members gain control of their financial future.
Our main goal at Baton Rouge Telco FCU is putting our members first - and that means helping you reach financial peace and well-being. And we know that, from time to time, everyone can experience some difficulties with money. Our members have access to 14 designated Certified Credit Union Financial Counselors (CCUFC) who can help you navigate tricky financial situations and develop a plan for future success.
And our financial counseling services are FREE to all Telco members.
Warning Signs of Financial Stress
- Are you often late paying bills or relying on grace periods?
- Do you tap into savings to meet regularly monthly expenses?
- Do you stress about a potential auto repossession or home foreclosure?
- Are you working overtime or a second job to make ends meet?
- Are you near or over your available credit limit?
- Do you only pay the minimum payment on credit accounts?
- Do you need to borrow for items that you used to pay for with cash?
- Are you regularly charged overdraft fees on your checking account?
- Do you worry about money regularly?
How We Can Help
If any of these questions sound like you, or you'd just like some trustworthy advice from a local partner, our financial counselors can help. Here are some topics we can review together.
- Budget planning
- Reducing debt
- Cutting expenses
- Repairing your credit
- Dealing with creditors
- Surviving repossessions, foreclosures and bankruptcy
- Building credit
- Setting financial goals