Senior Collector | Wooddale Branch
- Contacts delinquent, loans assigned and written off accounts by phone, mail, email, text message, and/or letter, and takes the appropriate action to bring the account current; contacts members at residence or place of employment when necessary; contacts members after Telco business hours when necessary. Adds reason for delinquency and verifies address, email and phone numbers.
- Analyzes member's financial situation to determine solutions to resolve member's delinquency that is in the best interest of the member and the credit union. Makes recommendations to assign for repo/self help. Recommends outside visits, Attorney demand letters, legal reviews. Makes outside visits when necessary.
- Assists Collection Manager and Collection Specialist in filing GAP, MRC, CL, CD and ESA insurance claims/refunds in a timely manner.
- Maintains repo lot log and title work for auction/ sheriff sale vehicles accurate files and reports for all collection activity. Proficient at identifying trends in delinquency and informing management of those trends that are contributing to delinquency.
- Greets members in a welcoming manner and assists them with account and/or credit union information via phone, email, in person, live chat etc.
- Maintains a good understanding of all Collection rules and regulations, Telco policies, and Telco Core Operating Systems. Signs and acknowledges annually Fair Debt Collection practices and delinquency policy. Testifies at legal proceedings if required.
- Demonstrates the Credit Union's Core Values (Trustworthy, Enthusiastic, Loyal, Caring, Optimistic).
- Minimum of 2 years of Collections experience.
- Position is located at 2226 Wooddale Blvd. in Baton Rouge
- Hours are 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday – Friday with occasional after hours/weekend work.
Back to Careers