We are currently searching for a Collections Manager to join our team in our Goodwood location. If this sounds like you, we’d love to chat!
- Monitors and manages daily, weekly and monthly activities of Department. Assigns past due/delinquent loans, negative amortization, and negative accounts. Analyzes member’s financial situation to determine best solution to resolve the members delinquency/repayment of debt. Contacts delinquent accounts by phone, mail, email, text messages, and/or letter.
- Reviews queues, 60+ day delinquent accounts, negative amortized loans, and places notes of guidance for staff and recognition of potential charge-offs. Prepares and completes Board Reports (Charge-off/TDR).
- Hires, trains, and monitors the work of other Collectors; Reviews work schedules to maintain proper coverage of Department; Completes Collection scorecard to review staff/department performance, and reviews with staff semi-annually and annually. Allocates resources to meet operational needs within the department; reviews and approves, denies, or modifies collection recommendations from subordinates.
- Recommends and assigns outside field visits when necessary. Assigns vehicles for repo/self-help to vendor. Maintains and organizes repo lot log and handles all title work for auction/sheriff sale on vehicles and other collateral. Arranges for sale of repossessed collateral whether Credit Union sells, a vendor or the Sheriff. Determines if a supplementary investment is made in bringing collateral up to a level that would recover additional funds. Represents the Credit Union at auction or sale, as necessary.
- Organizes the efforts of staff to request legal and small claim reviews, and the utilization of assistance from attorney for advice or an attorney demand letter. Responds quickly to staff and supervisor to determine and recommend a suit. Utilizes our Legal log to gauge timeliness of response, preparation of documents, submission to attorney, and follow-up for judgement. Works closely with attorney to resolve and collect settlements, judgements, garnishments, foreclosures, and other legal related activities.
- Reviews Bankruptcy, Legal Accounts and Small Claims Suits. Represents the Credit Union in court as necessary. Monitors BK 7 and BK 13 logs, and provide a review of TDR/RBO worksheet, and activity before submission to COO/CFO.
- Supervises and Oversees the filing of Bankruptcy (POC), Insurance (CL/CD, GAP, MRC and ESA claims/refunds).
- Maintains a good understanding of all Collection rules, regulations, and Telco’s collection policies. Monitors and Manages the annually review and updates Telco’s Collection Policy and staff acknowledgement of this policy.
- Demonstrates the Credit Union’s Core Values (Service, Solutions, Adaptability, Respect and Accountability).
- Three to five years of similar or related experience.
- Full-time hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Some after hours work may be required.
- Position is located at our Goodwood Branch (8601 Goodwood Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA)