We are currently searching for a Bankruptcy and Legal Specialist to join our team in our Goodwood location. If this sounds like you, we’d love to chat!
- Maintains all Bankruptcy files and Bankruptcy 13 and Bankruptcy 7 logs along with congruent notations in the Collections profile; Files proofs of claims and reaffirmation agreements, prepare TDRs, communicate with Trustees, Attorneys, and Members regarding bankruptcy cases, and track all Bankruptcy activities for CU accounts.
- Reviews accounts for the feasibility of suit for delinquent loans: Verify employment, identify property owned, identify existing judgements and/or liens. Track past and present suits and payments received from judgements. Timely completion of all legal activities including and up to Small Claims, Foreclosures, Rule to Produce etc.
- Coordinates with members and vendors on all credit life and credit disability claims, GAP, Warranties, MRC and FPI claims. Ensure accounts associated with listed claims have accurate information and filed in a timely manner. Ensure payments are posted or designated to appropriate accounts to cure possible deficiencies and help maintain the financial integrity of the credit union and its members.
- Assists in the recovery of charged-off accounts to help to help cure overall delinquency and help maintain financial integrity of the credit union and its members.
- Contacts members in early stage delinquency and takes appropriate action to bring current.
- Utilizes all skip tracing tools available. Maintains a good understanding of all collection rules, regulations and Telco policies. Prepares extension forms and communicate with members and other staff members to collect the signed form and supplemental documents. Signs and acknowledges Fair Debt Collection Practices and Delinquency policy annually.
- Demonstrates the Credit Union’s Core Values (Service, Solutions, Adaptability, Respect and Accountability).
- Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
- Full-time hours of 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Position is located at our Goodwood Branch (8601 Goodwood Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA)